Thursday, April 2, 2009

Eating for Evolution!

I've been asking myself what "Eating for Evolution" means... what is it all about? I don't have "the answer" but I have some thoughts, and I realize that as I attempt to articulate these thoughts, I am contributing to the very evolution of this topic.

Evolution means to push the edge of what is known. There is an inherent dynamic and forward moving quality to it. "Inclusive" is another word that comes to mind when I think of evolution... but not inclusive of every thing, inclusive of that which is serving a higher purpose. I think of development, and increased integrity.

So lets go back to that question: What does Eating for Evolution mean?

  • It's a posture in relationship to food and eating. Its a posture of "wanting to know," of being interested in finding out what will create a sustain inner radiance. Inner radiance that has no real separation from its effect on the "outside." It's a stance of acknowledgment of the Truth of interconnectedness.
  • It's a relationship to food in which we listen. We listen to the interaction of certain foods within us. We listen because we know that who we are "in the world" is greatly effected by what we fuel ourselves with and how we go about doing this.
  • It's a relationship to food and eating in which we take responsibility; we face the fact that how we eat is a reflection of how we live.
  • And finally, its a posture poised for evolutionary growth. When we are Eating for Evolution we are busting myths and blazing new trails! We are learning to trust our inner wisdom and melding this with our desire to reach unimagined potentials. We do this because we realize that the future truly does depend on us!
Love,
Tiffany

1 comment:

paula said...

Great post..I am glad I stumbled across this blog.I like your post on eating evolution and as adults we have to take responsibility for our family,kids and society in order to develop healthy eating
habit.